Home » Creative Retelling

Creative Retelling

Jorge Hernandez Lopez

Professor Anna Voisard

FIQWS Fairytales and Rewritings

6 December 2022

Three Little Machiavellian Teenagers

Once upon a time in the year 2025, there were three teenagers who had it all. They had the best parents in the world. They had a beautiful mansion. They had a maid, a chef, a chauffeur, and a gardener. They each had a car yet two of them weren’t at the age to drive. They had vacations quite often and a weekend escape house not far from their town. They had it all, yet all they had was each other. None of the three teenagers had any friends. They were too into themselves to make a friendship with anyone else. All this their parents had to deal with. The teenagers made their parents’ lives even harder than they already were with their successful but noble careers.

Quite unfortunately one day the father passed away. And oh boy did he leave riches behind. The mother had a hard time with his tragic death. The kids not so much though. They had been waiting for this day for a long time. Not because of their father, they did not mind that. What they really wanted to know: who’s getting what.

After the exceptional and boastful funeral, filled with celebrities. It was time for the will. For this, the soulless teenagers were well prepared. Each showing up with their very own expensive, lawyer.

In the reading of the will, the father’s lawyer showed up and gave his condolences to the family. The mother and the maid filled with tears could not even speak but nodded with gratitude. The teenagers anxious and malevolent rushed the lawyer to the seat and hurried him to speak.

“I, father, leave you, mother, 25% of my whole wealth and riches.

-For my three teenagers, I leave you, 25% each of my whole wealth and riches.

-I do leave a catch for my teenagers, and that is, you will have the right to your 25% of my whole wealth and riches when you turn 18. Not a day before, not a day after.

-I please ask you, lawyer and maid, to make sure this will is followed to the tea.”

The teenagers did not take this lightly. The mother tried to make them understand but they would not have it.

As a month went by the teenagers still mad at what had occurred were planning a Machiavellian plan. They were all years away from turning 18 and could not wait to get their hands on the 25% of their father’s whole wealth and riches. They consulted with their Machiavellian lawyers and there was nothing they could do legally. So, they knew to get what they wanted, they had to get their hands dirty. They were going to have to get rid of mother. One way or the other.

The oldest teenager’s plan was to lock their mother up in their gargantuan and luxurious basement.

They went ahead and tried the oldest teenager’s plan.

They tricked mother into going into the basement to look for the keys of the summer house but once there, they locked her. Mother so scared yet so intelligent quickly pulled out her phone and called the maid, she quickly went downstairs and unlocked mother who ran to her kids and hugged them, so happy to see them once again. The three teenagers mad at the result still gave her a warm hug as they still loved her even as their ambitions were bigger than their love.

The middle teenager’s plan was to run over their mother with their father’s monster truck.

Once they came back from school the plan was set. They were going to fill the entrance to the garage with super glue, in an attempt to glue their mother and then run her over.

For this plan, they thought they better get rid of the maid and so the middle teenager told her –

“hey maid my room is very very dirty and I really really need it clean so that I can get on with my homework and then sleep very very tightly.”

Like the good worker she is, the maid grabbed the cleaning tools and headed upstairs to the 5th floor.

Everything was going according to the plan of the middle teenager. Now they needed to get in the monster truck and the mother glued to the ground.

The oldest teenager headed to the monster truck and the youngest yelled at his mother.

“-mother, mother my toy dino fell from my window to the entrance, seven really really high floors. I need it, I miss it, I called the maid but she says she’s busy can you please. Please get it for me. I need it, I miss it.”

So the mother quickly ran downstairs for her teenager’s dino. Once she opened the door and headed to the dino she felt she couldn’t move. She was glued, the three teenagers succeeded.

The middle teenager quickly opened the garage gate. The oldest teenager turned on the monster truck and was ready to run her over.

The chauffeur without task was reading the newspaper in the patio area. Quickly noticing the mother glued, ran to her, and tackled her to the ground. Little did the teenagers know that only the shoes were glued, not the mother and so the oldest teenager ran over the shoes and the dino. After being saved the mother thanked the chauffeur and quickly ran to her teenagers and hugged them.

Once again having failed the teenagers regrouped and thought they must come up with the right plan. The youngest, the one who had to wait for the longest for his father’s wealth and riches, had the most desire to get this done.

The youngest teenager’s plan was to freeze the mother to death in the walk-in freezer they had in the kitchen of the mansion.

They had to get rid of the chef first, so they told him there were no more carrots and they wanted carrot soup for dinner. So, the chef headed out for some carrots.

The youngest teenager set up a speaker in the freezer.

Calling out for mother, the mother quickly ran to the freezer.

Right behind her the middle teenager closed the door and locked her in the freezer. The teenagers quickly left.

Little did they know that the gardener was off duty and was snacking in the pantry.

He heard the mother’s screams and opened the freezer.

She thanked him and quickly ran to her teenagers and hugged them.

The teenagers all tired and full of love for their mother, quit their ambitions and waited the years until they could get their hands on their father’s wealth and riches, the years made them nicer, and they turned out philanthropic adults.

The End.